Monday, October 15, 2012

The week in review

Our house has been getting back to normal after the Vomityville Horror that was last week's stomach bug. When I'm not working it's your typical, run-of-the-mill toddlerfest. Last week The Boy drank old milk from under the couch, set off my car alarm, ate a mouth full of styrofoam, spilt his spill proof cup of milk all over himself and then fell asleep in it, and somehow got under the sink and turned on the disposal. And here's a play by play of some more of last week's highlights, complete with pics.

On Monday I yelled at The Boy for repeatedly getting into the diaper pail. Unfazed,  he made his best monster growl at me in response.

On Tuesday I loaded up The Boy to drive to Atlanta for a recheck of my TMJ. Half way there I wondered why they didn't call me beforehand to remind me like they usually do. I pulled over on the side of the road to double check my calendar, which confirmed my appointment isn't for two weeks. We turned around and went home. Here's The Boy, with his eyes as tiny slits, pretending like he's not about to fall asleep in the car on the way.

The city dug up some of the street to fix our neighbor's sewer line, which meant there were heavy equipment tractor contraptions when we got home. Here's The Boy rolling his eyes that I would take his picture when he's trying to do testosterone man things like inspect sewer tractors. 

Mom! 

On Wednesday I let Sesame Street supervise The Boy for a few minutes while I went to fix his lunch, about 10 feet away. I couldn't believe he was content for so long, and bragged to myself on his growing attention span. I stuck my head in the living room to look in on him and saw that he had found, peeled, a squished a banana all over the floor and chair. He was quite proud, see?


On Thursday I got mad toddler props for letting The Boy wear the hand me down squeaky shoes his cousin gave him to school. We reserve these for places where we aren't in earshot. He was quite pleased with the results, and created a drunken-hunchback-butler dance to celebrate. 



On Friday we went to a benefit for Nuci's Space. The Boy loved the live music, and rushed the stage repeatedly. He tried to get on the stage, and indicated he wanted to play the guitar for the crowd. He was not even discouraged by the fact that he's never had a music lesson in his life. He also found and ate a single piece of ice from the parking lot. Now you just think about why a single piece of ice would be in the parking lot. I don't even want to know whose mouth it was spat from. 


And on Saturday my friend Sarah and I went antique shopping. That's right. I do kid stuff, I mix up my appointment days, I blog about kid stuff, and I antique. In the words of Fergie: 
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S. 






No comments:

Post a Comment