Friday, March 28, 2014

FAQs of this pregnancy

-When are you due? 
August. We're halfway there. Woohoo!

-Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?
Yes. The Boy will tell you here:



Part of me was hoping for a girl JUST so their blog names could be The Boy and The Girl. Iknowright? But alas, the little lass is healthy and we are all happy. 

-Have you been feeling okay?
Not really. I've been ultra nauseous this go 'round. I've puked at our new house, at nanny's house, at my niece's 5th birthday party, in a plastic bag in the car, at family Christmas, in the shower, in a church parking lot at a Christmas cantata, and once, with no warning, all over myself as I was driving down the road. One day I realized I was vomitting in the toilet with a Buzz Lightyear in my hand. I'm happy to say I think I'm getting past the  all day  morning sickness and nausea.



The Boy likes to stand outside the bathroom and narrate my vomitting. "Mama! You said 'blarg'......'blech'.....'gurg'" Then the Husband intervenes and says "mama doesn't feel very well. Let's leave her alone for a few minutes." This week The Boy came eagerly in the bathroom and said "I need to spit out a yucky." Then he fake spit and sputtered in the toilet, grinning, and turned to me and said "mama, can you weave me awone?" Gladly. 

-What does The Boy think?
He's excited. He's a little disappointed that the baby doesn't have a tail. He pats my belly and says "hey baby!", and one day looked into my belly button and said he saw a foot. He spontaneously talks about things he'll help the baby do, like play the guitar and walk down the stairs. He doesn't realize the two are related, but he's also excited that he's now allowed to drink "spicy water" aka Sprite, and eat pita chips for breakfast. In my bed. I don't think he knows how his life is going to change... Since the first day we told him he has consistently announced that the baby shall be named BeYoYo.

Me: Well, BeYoYo is a good nickname but me and daddy haven't decided yet what his name will be.
The Boy: But I already decided. BeYoYo.


1 comment:

  1. love it! Thanks for letting us know. Been dying to ask. : )

    ReplyDelete