Monday, February 20, 2012

In The Loo

After a very busy weekend we are at home today with the dreaded stomach flu. The Boy has projectile vomited on both of his parents and the majority of his grandparents. Imagine our horror when he turned a 3 year old's family birthday party into a middle aged wet t-shirt contest on Saturday. The Husband assumed initially that he was throwing up because he ingested something when he choked on the plastic the day before. We didn't know he had the bug before the party, but I imagine we infected several children there. My apologies to their parents in advance and a big Happy birthday to Maher! When the vomiting continued and was accompanied by diarrhea when we got home we knew he had it. Luckily The Husband and I didn't have any symptoms. Thinking I had dodged the bullet my mom and I went to Taste of Athens last night since we already had tickets. The Husband stayed home with the Vomitter.

I love Taste of Athens, the annual fundraiser where dozens of Athens restaurants give samples of their best fare. This year it also coincided with Mardi Gras, so I indulged before I give up meat for lent next week. I sampled sushi, seaweed salad, wings, ribs, crawfish gumbo, cupcakes, shrimp and grits, wine, pure cider, BBQ, squash soup, onion rings, burgers, tenderloin, salad, lasagna and more. It was delicious!

It was much less delicious at 4am this morning when it came back up. Lying on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night with the stomach flu is no time to realize that your Pepto expired. In 2005. The Boy hasn't thrown up since last night so I'm hoping we're at the tail end of it almost through. I only feel bad when I stand up or move, so we've been cuddling in the bed most of the day. Our house is a messy mix of Pedialite, bottles, and Sprite. Every baby blanket and pajama set that we have is in the hamper. Here's hoping none of you get it. 

Since we are virtually immobile I decided to check on the blog and found that I've had 596 page views so far! Crazy, since I started this for friends and family and thought probably 10 people would tune in. Blogger gives me lots of stats, and says that I have had readers in Russia, Germany and England. I figure the Brits are our friends Sarah and Ammon, but I'm not sure who the others would be. To the Russian readers I say Zdravstvujtye. To the German readers I say Guten Tag, and to the Brits I say 'Ello, Gov'nah, because I think all Brits talk like the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins.Thanks for reading, and I'll keep 'em coming as long as you keep reading.



1 comment:

  1. We had the stomach bug last week too... NO FUN! Levi started it... other than just spit up vomit, he's never really vomited. Poor baby just looked at us like 'what the H is going on and why can't you make me stop... He was over it in about 24 hrs... then I got it and then David.... FUN FUN

    Brooke Garrett

    ReplyDelete