Wednesday, July 12, 2017

7 Under 9

You'll remember last year's post about our beach trip. We've just come back from this year's family trip with The Husband's family, featuring 8 adults and 7 children who are now 8, 8, 6, 6, 4, 3, and 2.

There was swimming. 

There was bed head. 

There was arguing. 

There was splashing in the waves

And digging in the sand. 

There was barefooted bike riding in a bathing suit, swimmies, and backwards kitten helmet. 

There was relaxing (but not much)

There were shenanigans. 

There was crying. 

And eating. 

And more shenanigans. 




There was posing (we didn't even tell them to pose!)



There was coaxing.

There were tattoos.



Over the course of the week, we kept a running list of quotes, which I present to you here: 
Don't potty on that table. 
This is loud, plus six. 
Pull your pants all the way down or you'll pee up your nose. 
You don't have to open your mouth to see. 
If we were in Nazi Germany and we had to rely on these kids to be quiet to save our life we'd all be dead. 
My hair is crazy. 
Mommy said you can pee on the grass. 
There's a shart in the pool. 
Don't you float like that. 
Well, did you mean to hurt him? YES!
Go figure your life out. 
No tears in the pool, that's a rule. 
Do not poop in the pool again. 
You can tee, but you cannot poop in the grass. 
Keep your penis in your pants. 
I said fuh . I say that all the time to myself. 
Do you ever love your kids so much you just want to take a bite of them?
Did you eat any chips? Did you eat any chips? Did you eat some chips? Are you telling me you didn't even eat one chip? 
Hold on let me dispose of her. 
Everyone is naked under their clothes. 
It doesn't have to be fancy to be a date. It just has to be without you. 
My favorite thing is ....oh I forgot my favorite thing. 



2 comments: