Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day/Sick Day

Happy snow day! The Boy was impressed with the snow coming down yesterday.

 Until he got cold and wet, and then he was DONE. Over it. Then we played and watched from inside, which was fine by me. We were lucky not to have any of the traffic/day care/stranded motorist problems that many of our friends in Coldlanta had. It took some of our friends and family over 24 hours to get home. Yikes! 


A stranger came by to ask about my father-in-law's old truck that stays parked outside our house. He asked if he could walk around the back of the house to look at it. Sure. When he walked away The Boy looked at me disappointedly and said "why I didn't say 'nice to meet you'?" We flagged him down before he left. The Boy stuck out his hand and said "nice to meet you," proudly. The stranger tried to keep a straight face while shaking hands with The Boy. I think both were happy with the exchange. 



When The Husband got home he took The Boy out again. I promise you there is nothing sexier than watching your husband play with your child. Must be some primal survival mating instinct....Tricky biology. 

Toddler boot for reference. Drain stopper as hat. 




This morning The Husband had to go back to work, to my disproval. I cancelled my clients because of the weather. The Boy and I made a cake. We made brownies. We made snow ice cream.  I developed a bad headache mid-morning but The Boy and I were trapped at home in the snow and ice. I tried to talk him into just lying on the couch watching PBS all day, but that didn't last long. Boy wants to PLAY. Mama wants to rest. He pulled his bat cave over to the couch so I could reach it from my nest to play with him. We played. He napped. I napped. 



The Boy wanted a snack. I got him one and laid back down on the couch. He asked for milk. I fixed him some and laid back down. He wanted more bunny crackers. I fixed him some bad laid back down.  He wanted more milk. I got him a refill and laid back down. He asked for snow ice cream. I got him some and laid back down. He told me his nose was running, and I wiped it and laid back down. The Boy does not yet appreciate efficiency. He asked for more bunny crackers, and I responded "if you can reach them you can have them!" 

I got up to help him and still had a blanket around my shoulders. He laughed. "Mama you wook wike a murrrmaid!" Thanks. 

He played his drum for me. He played his xylophone. Then his elephant played. He put his toy box on his head and pretended to be a robot. I lied on the couch. 




He put stickers on my face and a bucket on my head. I just lied there. 



Lesson #1 of the day: being at home on a snow day is more work than going to work. Lesson #2: you can get away with anything when mommy has a headache. 








No comments:

Post a Comment